1. Hope for the Holidays Infant Crisis Services Drive: Our Lower and Primary Division students are ICS Hope for the Holiday donors for the next two weeks. Lower Division is collecting diapers, baby formula, etc. this week and Primary Division students will be donating next week. This project is being facilitated by freshman, Katherine S. This is the project she connected to lead as part of her independent study class, Classroom with a Cause.
2. At YAC meetings, we have been decorating placemats for Children's Hospital to brighten a bit hospital meals. YAC also continues to make pinwheels for Syrian Refugee Children. Each pinwheel will receive $2, up to $400,000 from the Bezos Foundation to provide educational and mental health services through the International Rescue Team. This is part of YAC's Students Rebuild Challenge
3. The YAC seniors are having a blood drive next week with the goal of screening 50-70 people and getting at least 35 donors. The blood bank will be taking donations at the Cochran Library from 7:30-11:30 on Thursday, December 10th.
4. Our citywide Youth LEAD Council is collecting gently worn clothing for Metro Career Academy, a service-learning school that enables trouble teens to stay in school by providing all the resources they need including food and clothing.
5. YAC members of the art club are making Xmas stockings for Britton Elementary first graders. The stockings will be delivered before the holiday break filled with art supplies for the children to have an opportunity to create art during their break.
|Volunteer with your Family to Build Empathy and Understanding|